Charlayne Hunter (1961) leaving the University of Georgia campus after registering as a student. She holds a place in Georgia civil rights history as one of the first two African American students (the other student was Hamilton Holmes) admitted to the University of Georgia. Also known for her career as an award-winning journalist, Hunter-Gault is respected for her work on television and in print.
- Civil Rights pioneer celebrates the life of Martin Luther King Jr. (mysouthwestga.com)
- Weatherman Al Roker to lecture at UGA (m.onlineathens.com)
- Martin Luther Jr. King – In A Single Garment of Destiny (henkjanvanderklis.nl)
- Georgia Military College Holds Admissions Day On January 31st (prweb.com)
- Georgia Tech Appoints New Professional Education Executive Leadership Team (prweb.com)
- Civil rights pioneer and UGA alumni to speak at Albany State (mysouthwestga.com)