Studying can be annoying. I know a lot people who don’t like to study. They simple just wing it. I’m not going to say that is not a good idea but you got pretty confident to plug that off. Studying is to help you but some sometimes they way in which we study can actually be distraction or harm to us.
I will admit I have weird way of studying but its all form trails and errors. Some good produce good result then other produce decent results. But you want to get the best results so you have give your best. So Studying is an investment you get what you put into it. If you are spending a great deal in studying and you are still not producing the grade you’ll like to have. Try changing things. When are you studying? Time is important. Who are you studying with? This is a HUGE one because not all your friends have the same goals as you. If you have a friend that just want to get by in a class that might not be the best person to study with because they may lack dedication. Find some who is striving for the best grades in their classes.
Where you study? Is very important because it can be filed with unnecessary distractions. If you’re like me anything can distract you…literally anything. Why are you studying? Remembering that this is investment in your future makes you think twice about just want to just get by in your classes. What are studying? If you’re like me and is college you are probably now in your core classes or electives for your major or minor. You pick what ever you are going to school for so this is you interest so you should be willing to go the extra mile in understanding the information. Even if it is just an general education elective still go the extra mile because you there to learn. So why not learn?
I’ve been there where a certain class just isn’t my interest but you got push through it. You may go into a classes think one way but when you get into the course material you find out it something you will keep with you for the rest of your life. You may not ever use it in what ever your career choice may be. But hey you may be in a interview and you might be able to have small talk. Basically, don’t throw out the baby with the bath water! Take as much out of a class as you can.
Here are somethings I do when studying:
- Pray… Pray… Pray
- when something is getting stressful or too much I take a break. Read something else, listen to music. if possible take a quick nap.
- I have a study group with people who are and aren’t in my class. Two reasons: sometimes you need help from a classmate and you have agree to help each other when needed. Second, reason is an excuses to still hangout with people i may not see often due my schedule. Or i know from previous classes we have study well together so i just keep it going.
*sidebar: Study group are important to me because they keep me responsible and accountable. The people in your group help you to stay on course. Don’t get me room we do get a little goofy but we have a great time and it produces great success!
- I go to the highest floor in a building and i sit the hallway and do home work. because its quiet!with very few distractions.
- keep a planner i not going to go in great details about why a planner is important. you might want to click me.
- write down daily goals or weekly goals a strive to get them all done that week. if not make them for the folloing week put keep writing them they keep motivated
I have many but i want to know what are yours? Leave me a comment.
Happy Studying! With Love,Dee.
- Do Over! 4 Steps to Get Your Academics Back on Track (tutoringtoexcellence.blogspot.com)
- How to Deal with a Bad First Semester Grade (morethanatestscore.com)
- My Favorite Study Spots at MHC (mtholyoke.uloop.com)
- Study Skills: What Are We NOT Teaching Our Students? (tutoringtoexcellence.blogspot.com)
- Tips for College Students to get Back on a Schedule after Winter Break (hbculifestyle.com)
- How to Choose High School Electives (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)