In 1971 Melba Tolliver, a WABC-TV correspondent, made national headlines when she wore an afro while covering the wedding of Tricia Nixon Cox, daughter of President Richard Nixon. The station threatened to take Tolliver off of the air until the story caught national attention.
- WEBSITE OF THE DAY: Melba (pocket-lint.com)
- Nixon’s 100th Birthday Celebrated Sunday (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Just in Time for the Oscars, Discover How Crazy Mary Todd Lincoln… (prweb.com)
- Today in history for Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013 (amarillo.com)
- Bigfoot News February 23, 2013 (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Melba : Philippines (kiva.org)