Peggy “Lady Bo” Jones One of the first female lead guitarists in rock & roll, Peggy Jones is most notable for her work in Bo Diddley‘s backing band, for which she earned the affectionate — and appropriate — nickname Lady Bo. However, her musical resume is much longer, boasting stints as a doo wop singer and an R/soul bandleader. Born in New York, Jones began her career as a professional dancer.
- Eric Burdon interview (telegraph.co.uk)
- International Women’s Day (mfennwrites.wordpress.com)
- Eric Burdon: ‘Til Your River Runs Dry (Review) (popmatters.com)
- Review: So Weird, “Blues” (thiswastv.com)
- Soothing the Beast: Saturday Night BFP-Jamiol Music, Episode 57 (boilingfrogspost.com)
- Review: Sidetracked Home Executives by Pam Young and Peggy Jones (boxesofpaper.com)