The GULLAH/GEECHEE preserved more of their African cultural heritage than any other group of African Americans. The English spoken by the Gullah slaves was greatly influenced by their native languages of the Fante, Ga, Kikongo, Kimbundu, Mandinka, Twi, Ewe, Ibo and Yorba.
- Gullah-Geechee plan now with National Park Service (thestate.com)
- Marquetta Goodwine — known as Queen Quet by the Gullah/Geechee Nation — received Living Legacy Award (islandpacket.com)
- Haint Blue (farenoughphoto.wordpress.com)
- Gullah-Geechee plan now with National Park Service (newsobserver.com)
- Gullah Geechee Tradition Discovered (#229) (tincantraveler.com)
- Ramblings: Gullah on my mind, part 1. (southbyse.com)